- Organized Events:
- 2009: Co-chair of BNAIC'09, to be held in Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- 2009: Co-chair of ALA'09, to be held at AAMAS'09, Budapest, Hungary
- 2008: Co-chair of ALAg/ALAMAS workshop at AAMAS'08, Estoril, Portugal
- 2007: Chair of ALAMAS 2007 , Maastricht, The Netherlands
- 2006: Co-chair KDECB 2006, Ghent, Belgium
- 2005: Co-chair EUMAS 2005 (Brussels, Belgium), Co-chair BNAIC 2005 (Brussels, belgium), Co-chair LAMAS 2005 (Utrecht, The Netherlands)
- 2004: Local organization Benelearn 2004, seminar day on Multi-Agent Systems
- 2003: Co-chair EGTMAS2003 at AAMAS '03, Melbourne, Australia.
- Editorial board/Program Committee/Reviewing Assignments:
- I am an associate editor of Entertainment Computing (Elsevier)
- I am an associate editor of IJATS
- PC member in 2009: AAMAS'09, ICML'09
- PC member in 2008: AAMAS'08, BNAIC'08, EUMAS'08, IBERAMIA'08, BSB'08, ALAMAS&ALAg'08
- PC member in 2007: AAMAS'07, ECML/PKDD'07, GTDT'07, BNAIC'07, EUMAS'07, ALAMAS'07, EEMMAS'07, ALAg'07, MLSP'07
- PC member in 2006: ECML/PKDD'06, ALAMAS'06, GTDT'06, ALAAMAS'06, E4MAS'06, AAMAS'06
- PC member in 2005: BNAIC 2005, E4MAS05, AAMAS'05, Complexity, Science and Society Conference 2005
- Refereed in 2005: IJCAI'05
- PC member in 2004: E4MAS04, GTDT'04, KG'04
- Refereed in 2004: SBIA'04
- Refereed for Journals: the Knowledge Engineering Review, JAAMAS, Synthese, Computational Economics, KDD, Machine Learning, AI Communications, Man, systems and cybernetcis, IJATS,
- International teaching:
- Taught a course a the Almende summerschool, Rotterdam August 2008.
- Taught a course at the complexity in built environment summer school, Manchester july 2007: "An introduction to agent systems".
- Taught a course at the European Agent Systems Summer School (EASSS) 2004, Liverpool, UK: "Evolutionary game theory, reinforcement learning and MAS"